The Value of Local Chapter Participation
Have you considered joining a local SHRM Chapter? Are you aware of the benefits of joining a local chapter?
In Georgia, SHRM has 18 local affiliate chapters (view map) which provide additional programming, development and networking opportunities in the state. SHRM chapters are autonomous organizations, so it is not automatic that you will be a member of your local chapter when you join SHRM, and vice versa .
In a nutshell, membership in a SHRM-affiliated chapter means access to a local network of HR professionals, as well as professional development programs, products and services in your community that can broaden your skills and make you more valuable to your organization.
Maximize your opportunities by becoming a member of SHRM and an affiliated chapter. It's a winning combination!
Local SHRM Membership can provide you with:
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies revealing how other organizations handle various human resource situations;
- Access to a network of professionals and specialists providing HR information that might otherwise be difficult and/or expensive to obtain;
- Opportunity to develop relationships and contacts in other companies to share information on HR concerns;
- Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve YOUR abilities and skills;
- Access to current best practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help managers carry out business strategy;
- Availability of up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations;
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills by volunteering in a leadership role in a local chapter;
- Development of a reputation in the HR field through your involvement in a local chapter
Advance the profession, advance your career -- join a SHRM chapter!!
- State Council Leadership
- Find a Local Chapter | View map
- Designate a local chapter
- Statewide Recognition Program
- Chapter SHAPE Awards